* Anatomical heart poison ring is made of genuine 925 Sterling Silver
* Stamped 925
* Ring is available in sizes 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.
* Dimensions: 20mm x 12mm (13/16" x 1/2")
* Heart opens to reveal a secret space
* Arrives in a gift box
* All orders are shipped within 1 business day (excluding US Holidays)
* All orders are shipped from California, USA
* International customers: Please refer to the shipping and payments tab
* Risk-Free 30-Day Return Policy
* Please contact us with any questions!
A poison ring or pillbox ring is a type of ring (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_(jewellery)) with a container under or inside the bezel itself that was used to hold poison (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison) or another substance. They became popular in Europe during the sixteenth century. The poison ring was used either to slip poison into an enemy's food or drink, or to facilitate the suicide of the wearer in order to escape capture or torture.
Rings like this have been used throughout history to carry perfume, locks of hair, devotional relics, messages and other keepsakes, so they have also been known by other names. Artists would also paint tiny portraits of loved ones, to be carried in what was called a “locket ring,” which was popular during the Renaissance. By the 17th century, jewelers were creating locket rings in the shape of caskets which served as mementos for mourners. These were called “funeral rings.” Rings with compartments are also called “box” rings or “socket” rings.